... ...

We’re Hiring Peer Advocates

Do you, a friend or family member have a history of opioid use? Are you a Dislocated Worker? You may be eligible to serve as a Peer Advocate.

Job description: The Peer Specialist provides peer support services to clients with serious mental illness and/or substance abuse. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Peer Specialist will function as a role model to peers, exhibiting competency in personal recovery and use of coping skills; and serve as a consumer advocate, providing consumer information and peer support for clients in outpatient and inpatient settings. The Peer Specialist performs a wide range of tasks to assist peers of all ages in regaining independence within the community and mastery over their own recovery process.

You may be a Dislocated Worker if you fall into one of the following categories:

· Out of the workforce for a period of time

· Collected Unemployment Insurance Benefits in the past year

· Unlikely to return to previous industry or occupation

· Unemployed due to business closing

· Self-employed but now unemployed as a result of general economic conditions

· Spouse of an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces

Click here to apply to be a Peer Advocate

Have questions?

If you think you may be eligible or are interested and have questions, please contact:

Yvonne Fitzgerald by phone: (315) 719-4234

by email: yvonne.fitzgerald@flacra.org

Human Resources by phone: (315)-462-9116

by email: HR@flacra.org

Download PDF • 794KB