Do you, a friend or family member have a history of opioid use? Are you a Dislocated Worker? You may be eligible to serve as a Peer Advocate.
Job description: The Peer Specialist provides peer support services to clients with serious mental illness and/or substance abuse. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Peer Specialist will function as a role model to peers, exhibiting competency in personal recovery and use of coping skills; and serve as a consumer advocate, providing consumer information and peer support for clients in outpatient and inpatient settings. The Peer Specialist performs a wide range of tasks to assist peers of all ages in regaining independence within the community and mastery over their own recovery process.
You may be a Dislocated Worker if you fall into one of the following categories:
· Out of the workforce for a period of time
· Collected Unemployment Insurance Benefits in the past year
· Unlikely to return to previous industry or occupation
· Unemployed due to business closing
· Self-employed but now unemployed as a result of general economic conditions
· Spouse of an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces
If you think you may be eligible or are interested and have questions, please contact:
Yvonne Fitzgerald by phone: (315) 719-4234
by email: email@example.com
Human Resources by phone: (315)-462-9116
by email: HR@flacra.org